Thursday, March 26, 2009

The next Dry Creek

My next Dry Creek story is half of a book called Small Town Brides which comes out in June. Debra Clopton, the author of the Mule Hollow books set in Texas, and I were talking at a Romance Writer's convention a year or so ago because we had noticed that we share a lot of the same readers. So, thinking those readers would enjoy it, we proposed to the Love Inspired editors that we do a 2-in-1 book with two novellas, one set in Dry Creek and one set in Mule Hollow. The editors loved it and I think you will too.

We took two cousins and one family wedding veil, mixed everything up with a couple of likely and not-so-likely heroes and we had a romance that'll make you smile.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Janet! I'm really looking forward to hearing from readers after they read our Small Town Brides 2-n-1 book. It seems like forever since we came up with the idea until now :)I really enjoyed working on this project with you too.
    Debra Clopton
    Out in April, TEXAS RANGER DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read it... It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Debra -- Good to see you here! Yes, it does seem like a long time ago that we started this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessiecue -- I think you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delightful! So glad it's coming so soon! We love Dry Creek & Mule Hollow both, so it was a perfect choice of places to have an interlinked romance! I'm so glad you both had fun writing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Hope -- Yes, Debra and I are excited about our 2-in-1. I understand Steeple Hill is doing more of them, but we came up with the idea when it was new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the book. I do have to say that I was a little disappointed that we did not get a visit with Mrs. Hargrove, Nelson. I know that in the Novella we can't get a visit from everyone but she is so custom to the dry creek books I was just expecting her. It was great though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom and I both loved BOTH novellas! You were each true to your own voice, and yet, that family feeling was there with the cousins. Just wish both books could have been a tiny bit longer...and that they both could have been at each other's wedding, but they're just delightful! Thank you Janet & Debra for coming up with such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete